The man is charged with second-degree forcible sex offense, first-degree kidnapping and communicating threats. The student said she was attacked near the university’s Free Expression Tunnel in the early morning hours of April 25. The suspect was identified after police distributed flyers with an image from a surveillance video.
This is not the first sexual assault reported on the N.C. State campus in the past month. Another student has reported being approached and touched by a male outside Daniels Hall.
The Raleigh family law office of Charles Ullman & Associates applauds police for their quick work in identifying a suspect. We also urge students and visitors to help increase safety on campus by following the tips provided in a police crime alert, such as:
- Walk in well-lighted areas.
- Walk in groups whenever possible, especially at night.
- Avoid distractions while walking, such as listening to headphones or texting.
- Consider utilizing public transportation or the Safety Escort at 919-515-3000.
- Report suspicious activities or crimes on campus by calling 911 or 919-515-3000.