- Our Firm
- NC Family Law Resource Center
1. The essay must be solely the work of the contestant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification and may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
2. Decisions of the judges are final.
3. Employees of Charles R. Ullman & Associates, Consultwebs.com, Inc., their boards of directors and immediate family members are not eligible for this essay contest.
4. Winners shall be required to provide a Social Security number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to Charles R. Ullman & Associates for issuance of a 1099 Form where appropriate. All federal, state, local and other taxes and charges on prizes will be the sole responsibility of the contestant.
5. All submissions become property of the Charles R. Ullman & Associates law firm to use, reproduce or distribute as it sees fit in its sole discretion, although authorship may be acknowledged.
6. By accepting a prize, winners grant to Charles R. Ullman & Associates the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use their essay in connection with this contest and to further use their names and biographical information in promotional materials without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
7. Winners must keep their winning essays posted on their or their school’s website or blog until May 31, 2014, or until their or their school’s blog or website is taken down (or altered by the school), whichever comes first.
8. Charles R. Ullman & Associates will make every reasonable attempt to read and have judged every essay, but Charles R. Ullman & Associates is not responsible for failure to read and/or judge an essay.
9. Any prize or other item to which a contestant may become entitled as a result of his/her participation in this contest is subject to immediate revocation in the event of a discovery of a contestant’s failure to comply with these rules.
10. The number of prizes may be changed at Charles R. Ullman & Associates’ discretion.
11. By participating in this essay contest and/or accepting a prize, contestants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Charles R. Ullman & Associates, its managers, members, directors, officers, and employees, from and against any and all liability and costs in connection with any claim from any liability, injury, damages, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or connected to participation in this contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prizes.
11. Under no circumstances shall Charles R. Ullman & Associates, its managers, members, directors, officers, employees, agents, investors or licensors, be liable to the contestant for any indirect, punitive, special or consequential damage.
12. Depending on the number of responses, Charles R. Ullman & Associates may institute a cut-off, at which time we will refuse to receive additional new applications. Therefore, if you are interested in participating in this essay contest, you should submit your application as soon as possible.
13. If there are changes to these Rules, they will be sent by email and will be considered read and accepted by the contestant. If they are not acceptable, the contestant may withdraw from this essay contest.
14. Any dispute arising from this contest will be determined according to the law of the State of North Carolina, without reference to its conflict of law principles. The contestant’s participation in the contest shall constitute consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Wake County, Raleigh, N.C., and agreement that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
Our dedicated attorneys and staff work as a team to provide you personalized, focused service. See why working with a small firm gives you an advantage.See More Videos
Americans are in love with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Flickr, Snapchat, and Tumblr. These digital connections have, in fact, become a window on the world for many people, and it seems that many of the... Keep Reading