What are common issues that come up when enforcing a prenuptial agreement?
Unfortunately, when the time comes to enforce a prenuptial agreement, tensions are usually running high. Spouses may dispute a variety of things, including:
- Whether he or she was pressured into the prenup.
- Whether one of the provisions is invalid. (Note: A judge can choose to enforce part of an agreement even if another part is deemed invalid.)
- Whether the information exchanged before the marriage was false or incomplete.
- That each person did not have his or her own prenuptial agreement lawyer to look out for individual interests.
- That the agreement (or a part of it) is “unconscionable” or grossly unfair, even if both spouses agreed to the terms.
If you are concerned about the validity of your prenuptial agreement, contact the experienced and knowledgeable prenuptial agreement lawyers at Charles R. Ullman & Associates today. We can review your agreement and determine the options for enforcement. Schedule a time to talk now.