Should I get a prenuptial agreement?
Getting a prenuptial agreement is a personal decision, and it in no way reflects on the sanctity of your upcoming marriage. There are many reasons to get a prenup in North Carolina. For example, you may want to consider a prenuptial agreement if:
- You already have children.
- You own a business or are part of a family business.
- You have assets that you prefer to keep separate.
- You are worried about your debt or your partner’s debt.
- You are sacrificing a good job/career in order to get married.
- You want to ensure that your estate plans, such as the assets you want to leave to your children, are honored after your death.
Not sure whether a prenup is right for you? Contact us today to discuss your options.