What forms do I need to file for a divorce in North Carolina?
To begin a case for Absolute Divorce, you will need to complete following forms:
- Complaint for Absolute Divorce
- Domestic Civil Action Cover Sheet (AOC-CV-750)
- Civil Summons (AOC-CV-100)
You might need a Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Affidavit (AOC-G-250) or, if you cannot afford the court fees, a Petition to Proceed as an Indigent (AOC-G106).
Other forms you may need are:
- Notice of Hearing
- Judgment of Absolute Divorce
- Waiver and Answer (optional)
- Affidavit of Service of Process by Registered or Certified Mail (optional)
- Certificate of Absolute Divorce (DHHS 2089/Vital Records). You will get this form from the courtroom clerk when you attend court for your divorce hearing.