Do I have to report domestic violence?

People in certain occupations are required by law to report suspected domestic violence. Doctors, other healthcare professionals, teachers, and day care workers are required to report suspected domestic violence. People in these professions should familiarize themselves with the signs of domestic violence in victims.

Whether or not you are legally required to report domestic abuse, you should encourage a friend or loved one to speak to a domestic violence attorney if you suspect that he or she is a victim of domestic violence or in an abusive relationship.

At Charles Ullman & Associates, an experienced domestic violence victim attorney can help you seek a domestic violence protection order if needed and help you locate a domestic violence shelter and other services.


Charles Ullman & Associates provides you respected, experienced and knowledgeable divorce and family law attorneys. You can trust us to help you through the legal process efficiently and effectively so you can transition to the next phase of your life. Our community involvement reaches beyond charitable support of important causes. We launched our own movement in Fraternities4Family and provide scholarships to able students in need.